Both these sides have not met since their Leinster League days when they were seeking All Ireland League status. Seapoint joined the AIL ranks before Boyne and had some success in higher leagues before coming back down to Div 2C status. They renewed their rivalry with Boyne at Killbogget Park in this game and previous encounters were recalled when both teams served up a thrilling game of rugby with the score line not doing justice to the home sides contribution to a very exciting fixture.
Conditions were perfect for this Friday evening game under lights before a moderate attendance with a good smattering of Boyne supporters negotiating peak time Bank Holiday traffic to get to the South Dublin venue for an 8pm kick off.
Their efforts were rewarded within half a minute when Boyne sprang out of the blocks without a Seapoint player even touching the ball. From the kick off Brian Howell raced up and won the ball for his forwards to take it on. Hugh Carolan made the initial charge before he found 2nd row, Afioae Maiava, in support. His drive brought him deep into the 22’ before he off loaded to Brian Howell who finished what he had started with a spectacular try to open the scoring with a minute of the start. Kerbey failed with the conversion. Boyne once again got off to a sensational start and rocked Seapoint on their heels. The home side were could have been a further 3pts down but Kerbey missed a scoring chance when Boyne forced a penalty following the drop out. There was a whirlwind start to this game with both sides seeking to break the gain line with electrifying pace. Both sets of forwards were also intent on keeping the play moving and linked up with their backs to provide them with plenty of possession which meant that defences had to be alert.
Seapoint did assert themselves and recovered from their opponents opening tsunami to bring play into the Boyne half. They forced a series of lineouts and were rewarded with a kickable penalty which they converted on the 15th minute to open their scoring. The home side were now into their stride and put their visitors under a period of pressure. The Boyne rear-guard was faultless in repelling the Seapoint offensive with their tackling complemented by their excellent discipline which didn’t give away any penalties to the opposition. They managed to weather this period of pressure and with forwards and backs combining took play into the Seapoint half. The home side suffered their first set back 10 mins before half time when they were reduced to 14 players when one of their players was shown a yellow card for a high tackle. 
The Boyne forwards were now in rampant mood and went through several phases to set up their backs for their second try with a scintillating incursion by full back, Eoghan Duffy, to scythe through and touch down. This time Kerbey made his conversion count to add the extra points and bring the score to 3pts to 12pts. 
Boyne were now on top and using their numerical advantage to good effect. Their ploy of using their forwards to gain the initial yards in ones and two’s before off loading quick ball worked well and it was from one of these drives that saw mercurial scrum half, Smith, make a break and give the scoring pass to prop, Hugh Carolan, to score their 3rd try before half time. Kerbey put smiles on all Boyne faces when he converted to bring his side to a commanding half time lead of 3pts to 19pts.
Boyne continued in the ascendency in the 2nd half and on the 46th minute they forced another penalty which Kerbey tacked on the 3pts to keep his sides scoring tally ticking over. From the drop out Boyne took full advantage of securing the ball and again their mauling was impressive in taking the ball through several phases before releasing their backs to do the rest and send winger, Adam Brodigan, over in the corner. Kerbey produced an excellent kick for the conversion. Boyne now had a bonus point for four tries and a lead of 26pts which looked unassailable. Seapoint still battled hard and didn’t capitulate and increased their tempo to score a good try. They didn’t convert however but another excellent break saw them with an overlap which should have yielded another try. Boyne No 8 Rory Hennessy was the last line of defence for Boyne and he managed to intercept the final pass to sprint of defence and bring play up to the 10’ line. This severely dented any hope Seapoint had of a come back and it was Boyne who crossed the try line for their 5th try when their captain, George Cooney finished off another great move to crash over. Kerbey didn’t convert. Seapoint brought on all their replacements and threw everything into the remainder of the game and were rewarded with another converted try to bring the score; 15pts to 34pts. 
With 10 minutes remaining, the referee, Gary Glennon, had to retire with a calf injury and he was replaced by the touch judge for the remainder of the game.
Boyne’s outstanding full back, Eoghan Duffy, received a yellow card for an adjudged deliberate knock on when he went to intercept a pass. Boyne’s lead at this stage was a comfortable one and they had the final say on the score sequence when Kerbey completed his evening’s scoring tally with another penalty to bring the full time score; 15pts to 37pts.
Boyne XV & Rpls; Eoghan Duffy; Adam Brodigan, Ronan O’Brien, Brian Howell, Kevin McCleery; Niall Kerbey, Nick Smith; John Kinsella, George Cooney(Capt), Hugh Carolan; Richard Shuttleworth, Afioae Maiava; Declan Moore, Ciaran Smith, Rory Hennessy. Repls, all used; Pat Shuttleworth, Sean Woods, Gerry Onianwa, Ruairi Hickey & Padraic Mongey.