Boyne RFC is committed to the development of their age grade players in a friendly, safe and respectful environment. Coaches, players, parents and officers of the club are committed to ensuring the wellbeing and welfare of all of the players participating in the club. This pamphlet introduces the framework within which Boyne RFC operates and outlines all of our responsibilities in pursuit of this goal. The IRFU recently published their 2015 Safeguarding Policy which outlines procedures which are in line with the proposed Children First legislation and Sport Councils' guidelines for young people. Boyne RFC Child Welfare Policy is in line with this IRFU policy available at:. www.irishrugby.ie/safeguarding.
As the Club Welfare Officer I will:
- Act at all times in the best interests of our age grade players
- Review on a regular basis the welfare policies and procedures within the club to ensure they are in line with best practice and the provisions of the IRFU Safeguarding Policy
- Promote all of the club welfare policies to coaches, parents and players
- Respond to any child welfare concerns that are raised.
- Ensure that recruitment of coaches and volunteers is compliant with IRFU policy in relation to Garda Vetting and compliance with the code of conduct.
- Be available to meet with any of the age-grade players or parents to discuss their concerns and take on board their ideas.
Should you have any queries on Club Welfare issues please contact:
Edel Sayers, Club Welfare Officer
Phone: 086 8271045