Welcome to the under 10's team for the 2017/18 season. To be eligible to play on this team players must be born in 2008. We usually train every Saturday morning in the Drogheda Grammar School in Mornington from 10:30am to 12:00pm. There will be a series of matches and blitzes played throughout the season against other clubs in the North East region. Please Note that All rugby at this age is non-competitive, and the emphasis is on learning the skills required to play, having fun and inclusiveness.
The Under-10 Coaches can be reached by email at U10.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
Please Note the Following Requirements for players:
- Please make sure your child always has their gum shield, they cannot participate in contact drills without a gum shield.
- The IRFU recommend that you do not use blade style boots due to increased injury risk to other players.
- Raleri Sports Goggles are currently the only approved sports goggle. You will not be allowed to play if you are wearing any other goggle.
- Please arrive on-time for training and match days, as the player warm up is key to prevent injuries.
- Remember for training & matches, gum shield, a drink (preferable water, avoid sports drinks) and plan suitable clothing for the changeable weather.
- Parents / Guardians must remain by the pitch at all times during training and match days.
- Boyne RFC uses a central text (SMS) system and email for direct communications. As an U10 squad we also use the same central text (SMS) system. In addition we use this webpage and Teamer to communicate U10 training and match details.
- Important club and U10 team information is sent by Text Message. To be included on the central text (SMS) system please speak to a coach or send an email to U10.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
Central Text (SMS) System Communications: Text Messages are the primary direct communication method for Boyne RFC club and the U10s squad.
- The central text (SMS) system uses # 089 472 9896 so save this to your Mobile Phone as a new contact (e.g. ‘Boyne RFC-text )'.
- Text Messages sent from central text (SMS) system specifically for the U10 team (i.e. not general club text messages) will always be prefixed with 'Boyne U10:'
- Please do not reply by text to the central text (SMS) system.
- Request: Player availability (especially for matches) should be texted to the lead U10 coach.
- Teamer: We also have a Teamer group for the U10s. Signup details for Teamer can be requested via U10.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
- To be eligible for selection for match days and training after October 1st the player must have paid their membership fee. Registration took place on September 22nd, all membership can be played at the club or online.
- No dogs are allowed at any of our pitches or training grounds.
Important notice for 17.18 season: - All Players and Coaches must be fully paid members of the club.
- Registration took place on Friday 22nd September @ Shamrock Lodge (Boyne RFC, Ballymakenny Rd, Yellowbatter, Drogheda, Co. Louth).
- Payment can be made through the office (09:00 to 13:00) @ Shamrock Lodge or online. Please note the Bryanstown levy per member.
U-10's Fixtures 2017/2018 (Note: Click on venue details for directions/map).
|Sat 21st Apr -||Training||Drogheda Grammar Sch||Start 10:00, Finish 11:30||Training kit, remember gumshield!|
|Sun 22nd Apr||Home Blitz v Bective||Shamrock Lodge||Arrive by 10:30, kick-off 11:00||
Metro League - Blue Group fixture. Boyne kit, remember gumshield! This will be the last blitz of the 2017/18 season and we will do a joint host with the Boyne U9s who also play Bective at Shamrock Lodge (Boyne RFC, Drogheda). We will run the U9s and U10s matches at the same time.
Your support with the post-match tea (cakes, sandwiches etc.). The clubhouse will we open on Sun 22nd Apr to drop items off prior to the blitz.
Please Note: This will be our last activity as a team for 2017/18. Please confirm availability via Text (0879635142) and Teamer.
U10 2017/18 Season Finished (Sun 22nd Apr), see you in late Aug/early September for the start of the 2018/19 (as U11s).
Details of any summer camps and other events will be communicated directly by the club.