Welcome to the under 12's team for the 2018/19 season. To be eligible to play on this team players must be born in 2007. We usually train every Friday evening in Bryanstown from 6:15pm to 7:45pm. There will be a series of matches and blitzes played throughout the season against other clubs in the North East region. Please Note that All rugby at this age is non-competitive, and the emphasis is on learning the skills required to play, having fun and inclusiveness.
The Under-12 Coaches can be reached by email at U12.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
Please Note the Following Requirements for players:
- U12 Players must be born in 2009
- Please make sure your child always has their gumshield, they cannot participate in contact drills & matches without a gumshield.
- Please ensure they arrive with a drink (water) THIS NEEDS TO LABELLED CLEARLY WITH THEIR NAME DUE TO COVID and suitable clothing for the changeable weather conditions.
- Boots must be worn for all training and matches. The IRFU recommend that you do not use blade style boots due to increased injury risk to other players.
- Raleri Sports Goggles are currently the only approved sports goggle. You will not be allowed to play if you are wearing any other goggle.
- Please arrive on-time for training and match days, as the player warm up is key to prevent injuries.
- To be eligible for selection for match days and training a player must have paid their membership fee. online.
Important team information is sent by the Club's central SMS/Text, this is a one-way communication channel.To be included on this list please speak to a coach or send an email to U12.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
- The U11 squad uses Teamapp as our communications channel. We use TeamApp to help communicate sign up at https://2009s.teamapp.com/ don't forget to explain who you are when you apply for entry to the group app.
- Please text back to the head coach or designated contact if a player is unavailable for matches and training, please do not reply back to the Text from the Club system (if you have questions contact the Head Coach). TeamApp also helps in this process and ensures we can plan for training, home and away fixtures.
- Polite Notice: Please note dogs are not allowed at any of our pitches or training grounds
- Important Information: 12th October. No training this Tuesday (13th) we will train Sat 17th Oct . Log into https://2009s.teamapp.com/ for all the 2009 team updates
U-12's Fixtures 2020/21
Hi Folks, just as last season I will use TeamApp to update
sign up at https://2009s.teamapp.com/ don't forget to explain who you are when you apply for entry to the group app
|Covid 19 and training||
There are plenty of new informational announcements, some Covid related and some rugby related so I would appreciate everyone paying close attention to any communications in the coming days and weeks.
We are beginning training at a slightly later time 1030 this season. This is to avoid congestion in the car parks and at the new Covid station. We will train until 1145 and we are going to be on the same pitch as last season in Drogheda Grammar School.
We have returned to sport under the current rules about Covid. As such coach Hugh James is going to be the squad Covid Officer.
In order to participate in any activity parents will need to do two things. Firstly, Hughie will need confirmation that you have read the club Covid training. Most parents have now done this, if you have not please complete ASAP.
Secondly, before each training session parents will need to complete a health check form for the player and any adult accompanying them. Hughie has this digital form and will release it to the group on Friday for completion on the day of training by the parent BEFORE arriving at training. If you have kids playing GAA or other sports hopefully you have seen this type of digital form.Each player may have an adult accompany them to training and may spectate as long as they are social distancing from other spectators.
Upon arrival all players should use the hand sanitizer that will be available at the sanitizer station (see map attached). All players should bring a bottle of water as normal for training, but please ensure it is labeled. There can be no sharing water bottles. Also note that the toilets at the school will be closed.
This season I will need all parents to be very responsive to any activity RSVP that we issue for training
|Sat 17th Oct 2020||
Drogheda Grammar School (DGS)
Meath based players to DGS Louth based players to SL