Welcome to the under 8's team for the 2015/16 season, to be eligible to play on this team players must be born in 2008. We usually train every Saturday morning in the Drogheda Grammar School in Mornington from 10:00 to 11:30. There will be a series of matches and blitzes played throughout the season against other clubs in the North East region. Please Note that All rugby at this age is non-competitive, and the emphasis is on learning the skills required to play, having fun and inclusiveness.
The Under-8 Coaches can be reached by email at U8.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
- Current Coaching Staff & Volunteers: Andrew Dobson, Alan Carley, John O'Driscoll, Garrett Fanning, Barry O'Dwyer and Anthony Gallagher
Please Note the Following Requirements for all players:
- Please make sure your child always has their gum shield, they cannot participate in contact drills without a gum shield.
- The IRFU recommend that you do not use blade style boots due to increased injury risk to other players.
- Sports Glasses are not currently permitted - they are under IRB trial at present to assess safety.
- Please arrive on-time for training and match days, as the player warm up is key to prevent injuries.
- Please text back player if a player is unavailable.
- To be eligible for selection for match days and training after October 11th the player must have paid their membership fee. Registration will take place on September 19th or you can pay the membership fees online.
- Important team information is sent by SMS/Text. To be included on this list please speak to a coach or send an email to U8.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
- Finally please ensure players come dressed and prepared for the changeable weather conditions. Players should also bring a drink, either water or diluted juice (sports energy drinks should be avoided).
U-8 Fixtures, 2015-16 Season
|Date||Details||Venue||Time||Admin / Comments|
|Sat 10th Oct||Training||Drogheda Grammar School (DGS)||10:00-11:15||Training kit. Please ensure players have a gumshield and a drink. Parents must stay by the allocated pitch at all times. See tips on tackling below & via link.|
|Sat 17th Oct||Training||Drogheda Grammar School (DGS)||10:00-11:15||Training kit. Please ensure players have a gumshield and a drink. Parents must stay by the allocated pitch at all times. See tips on tackling below & via link.|
|Sat 24th Oct||Training||Drogheda Grammar School (DGS)||10:00-11:15||TBC, will depend on date and time of Away Blitz to Athboy.|
|Sun 25th Oct||Away Blitz||Away at Athboy RFC||tbc||
TBC, date and times being planned for Away Blitz to Athboy.
|Sat 31st Oct||No-Training||No-Training||No-Training||No-Training, Halloween Weekend|
|Sat 07th Nov||Training||Drogheda Grammar School (DGS)||10:00-11:15||Training kit. Please ensure players have a gumshield and a drink. Parents must stay by the allocated pitch at all times.|
- Parking: Drogheda Grammar School (DGS) - please only park in designated car park areas. There are spaces at the front of the school in addition to those adjacent to the pitches. Parking along the road adjacent to the pitches is a safety hazard. Shamrock Lodge (Boyne RFC) - please ensure the entrance and access to the pitches remains free for safety reasons. Care should be taken when parking outside the club and crossing the main road.