Welcome to the under 8's team for the 2015/16 season, to be eligible to play on this team players must be born in 2008. We usually train every Saturday morning in the Drogheda Grammar School in Mornington from 10:00 to 11:15. There will be a series of matches and blitzes played throughout the season against other clubs in the North East region. Please Note that All rugby at this age is non-competitive, and the emphasis is on learning the skills required to play, having fun and inclusiveness.
The Under-8 Coaches can be reached by email at U8.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
- Current Coaching Staff & Volunteers: Andrew Dobson, Alan Carley, John O'Driscoll, Garrett Fanning, Julian Grant, Barry O'Dwyer, Anthony Gallagher and Steve Welthagen
Please Note the Following Requirements for all players:
- Please make sure your child always has their gum shield, they cannot participate in contact drills without a gum shield.
- The IRFU recommend that you do not use blade style boots due to increased injury risk to other players.
- Sports Glasses are currently not permitted in contact rugby (e.g. games that involve tackling) under existing World Rugby regulations, and IRFU policy.
- Please arrive on-time for training and match days, as the player warm up is key to prevent injuries.
- Please inform the coaches (text) if a player is unavailable.
- Registration & Membership Fee: To be eligible for selection for match days and training player must have paid their membership fee. Failure to register / pay membership contravenes club and IRFU rules. You can pay the membership fees online or at the Club see also link to Membership Forms.
- Important team information is sent by SMS/Text. To be included on this list please speak to a coach or send an email to U8.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
- Please ensure players come dressed and prepared for the changeable weather conditions. Players should also bring a drink, either water or diluted juice (sports energy drinks should be avoided).
- Boyne RFC Club Jersey and off-field clothing - 25th Nov 2015 Update: A decision on the supplier of the club jersey and off-field clothing range has now been finalised. Boyne RFC will partner with Elverys Sports. The club jersey, with our new sponsors details, and off-field clothing range will be launched by Elverys as soon as it is available. Elverys will be selling off any current gear at a discounted rate prior to Christmas (cirac 50% discount).
U-8 Fixtures, 2015-16 Season
|Sat 07th May||Club Funday||Shamrock Lodge (Boyne RFC)||Start 14:00 (Arrive by 13:45)||
About the Day: Club Funday with various events 'hosted' by the minis-age groups. Age groups will host an event, with Players, coaches ad parents rotating around each event. The final event will be a U8s managed a 'Coaches run the Gauntlet' fun event....which will essentially involve players throwing wet sponges at the coaches!
What you need: Sports kit and runners (no boots or gumshield) for all Players, Coaches & Parents. Parent participation in some events so come prepared. Event will end with a BBQ with burgers / hot dogs for sale.
|Sat 24th & Sun 25th Sept||Minis Blitz & Camp Over||Ashburne RFC||Start time on at 24th TBC||
Multiple events surroun a Rugby blitz and camping at Ashbourne RFC. Sun 25th entry to Tayto Park.
Brief Summary: Cost Euro 40 per person for all attendees (Players, Parents e.t.c). Tents and camping equipment are the responsibility of individuals (i.e. you need to bring your own!). Event includes blitz, evening meal, breakfast roll and entry to Tayto park on Sun 25th Sept. Please Note: Supervison of players must be 1:2 maximum (1 Parent to 2 Children).
Attending? - If yes please contact Andrew Dobson to confirm place ad numbers. Deposit payment will be confirmed once all numbers are confirmed (Players & Parents).
- Parking: Drogheda Grammar School (DGS) - please only park in designated car park areas. There are spaces at the front of the school in addition to those adjacent to the pitches. Parking along the road adjacent to the pitches is a safety hazard. Shamrock Lodge (Boyne RFC) - please ensure the entrance and access to the pitches remains free for safety reasons. Care should be taken when parking outside the club and crossing the main road.
- Boyne RFC Policy - Dogs: Please note that Boyne RFC's policy is that dogs (on or off-leads) are not allowed on the pitches or spectator areas of Shamrock Lodge, Bryanstown and Drogheda Grammar School. Your cooperation in ensure we all endorse this policy is most appreciated.