Welcome to the under 8's team for the 2015/16 season, to be eligible to play on this team players must be born in 2008. We usually train every Saturday morning in the Drogheda Grammar School in Mornington from 10:00 to 11:30. There will be a series of matches and blitzes played throughout the season against other clubs in the North East region. Please Note that All rugby at this age is non-competitive, and the emphasis is on learning the skills required to play, having fun and inclusiveness.
The Under-8 Coaches can be reached by email at U8.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
- Current Coaching Staff & Volunteers: Andrew Dobson, Alan Carley, John O'Driscoll, Garrett Fanning, Barry O'Dwyer and Anthony Gallagher
Please Note the Following Requirements for all players:
- Please make sure your child always has their gum shield, they cannot participate in contact drills without a gum shield.
- The IRFU recommend that you do not use blade style boots due to increased injury risk to other players.
- Sports Glasses are currently not permitted in contact rugby (e.g. games that involve tackling) under existing World Rugby regulations, and IRFU policy.
- Please arrive on-time for training and match days, as the player warm up is key to prevent injuries.
- Please inform the coaches (text) if a player is unavailable.
- To be eligible for selection for match days and training after October 11th the player must have paid their membership fee. Registration will take place on September 19th or you can pay the membership fees online.
- Important team information is sent by SMS/Text. To be included on this list please speak to a coach or send an email to U8.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
- Please ensure players come dressed and prepared for the changeable weather conditions. Players should also bring a drink, either water or diluted juice (sports energy drinks should be avoided).
- Boyne RFC Club Jersey and off-field clothing - 25th Nov 2015 Update: A decision on the supplier of the club jersey and off-field clothing range has now been finalised. Boyne RFC will partner with Elverys Sports. The club jersey, with our new sponsors details, and off-field clothing range will be launched by Elverys as soon as it is available. Elverys will be selling off any current gear at a discounted rate prior to Christmas.
U-8 Fixtures, 2015-16 Season
|Sat 28th Nov||Training||Shamrock Lodge (Boyne RFC) - Note location change||10:45 start to 12:00 Note time change||
Training kit. Please ensure players have a gumshield and a drink. Parents must stay by the allocated pitch at all times.
Santa Blitz: Players are requested to confirm if they will attend the Balbriggan Santa Blitz (scheduled for Sun 06th Dec) directly with Andrew Dobson @ Training. Each player is requested to pay the small entry fee of €2, a selection box will be given to each attendee and as a team they will also get a chance to meet Santa at the end of the matches.
Registration: All players must now be fully paid members of of Boyne RFC please contact Andew Dobson via U8.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
Text Messages: If you are currently not receiving U8 team texts please contact Andew Dobson via U8.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
Teamer (https://teamer.net/apps): We have started to use Teamer for Boyne U8 communications (in addition to text messages and this website). If you would prefer not to use teamer or need to be included please contact Andew Dobson via U8.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
|Sat 05th Dec||No Training||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Sun 06th Dec||Santa Blitz - Confirmed||Balbriggan RFC||TBC||
Boyne kit. Please ensure players have a gumshield and a drink. Parents must stay by the allocated pitch at all times.
Charity Event: Small entry fee per player (€2), a selection box will be given to each attendee and as a team they will also get a chance to meet Santa at the end of the matches. All profits go to charity.
|Sat 12th Dec||Training||Drogheda Grammar School (DGS)||10:00-11:15||Training kit. Please ensure players have a gumshield and a drink. Parents must stay by the allocated pitch at all times.|
|Sat 19th Dec||Training - Santa Training @ Shamrock Lodge||Shamrock Lodge (Boyne RFC) - Note location change||TBC||Training kit. Please ensure players have a gumshield and a drink. Parents must stay by the allocated pitch at all times.|
|Christmas Break - No Training or Blitz events Sat 26th Dec 2015 to Sat 02nd Jan 2016 Have a very Merry and safe Christmas from all the Boyne U8 Coaching Team|
|Sat 09th Jan 2016||Training||Drogheda Grammar School (DGS)||10:00-11:15|
- Parking: Drogheda Grammar School (DGS) - please only park in designated car park areas. There are spaces at the front of the school in addition to those adjacent to the pitches. Parking along the road adjacent to the pitches is a safety hazard. Shamrock Lodge (Boyne RFC) - please ensure the entrance and access to the pitches remains free for safety reasons. Care should be taken when parking outside the club and crossing the main road.
- Boyne RFC Policy - Dogs: Please note that Boyne RFC's policy is that dogs (on or off-leads) are not allowed on the pitches or spectator areas of Shamrock Lodge, Bryanstown and Drogheda Grammar School. Your cooperation in ensure we all endorse this policy is most appreciated.