Welcome to the under 8's team for the 2016/17 season. To be eligible to play on this team players must be born in 2009. We usually train every Saturday morning in the Drogheda Grammar School in Mornington from 10:00am to 11:30am. There will be a series of matches and blitzes played throughout the season against other clubs in the North East region. Please Note that All rugby at this age is non-competitive, and the emphasis is on learning the skills required to play, having fun and inclusiveness.
The Under-8 Coaches can be reached by email at U8.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
Please Note the Following Requirements for players:
- Please make sure your child always has their gum shield, they cannot participate in contact drills without a gum shield.
- The IRFU recommend that you do not use blade style boots due to increased injury risk to other players.
- Raleri Sports Goggles are currently the only approved sports goggle. You will not be allowed to play if you are wearing any other goggle.
- Please arrive on-time for training and match days, as the player warm up is key to prevent injuries.
- Please text back player if a player is unavailable.
- To be eligible for selection for match days and training after October 1st the player must have paid their membership fee. Registration will take place on September 10th or you can pay the membership fees online.
- Important team information is sent by SMS/Text. To be included on this list please speak to a coach or send an email to U8.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
- No dogs are allowed at any of our pitches or training grounds.
- Parents/Guardians should stay pitchside for all training and blitzs.
Important Notice 20th Oct 16
Training at DGS on Sat 22nd Oct. 1000-1115. Have you now registered and paid the membership? If not please speak to Ollie or any of the coaches, thanks. Don't forget your gumsheild.
Thanks, U8 Coaches.
U-8's Fixtures 2016/2017.
|Sat 22nd Oct||
|DGS (Grammar School)||1000-1115|
|Sat 29th Oct||Half Term. Enjoy.||NA||No Training, half term holiday|