Welcome to the under 9's team for the 2016/17 season. To be eligible to play on this team players must be born in 2008. We usually train every Saturday morning in the Drogheda Grammar School in Mornington from 10:15am to 11:30am. There will be a series of matches and blitzes played throughout the season against other clubs in the North East region. Please Note that All rugby at this age is non-competitive, and the emphasis is on learning the skills required to play, having fun and inclusiveness.
The Under-9 Coaches can be reached by email at U9.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
Please Note the Following Requirements for players:
- Please make sure your child always has their gum shield, they cannot participate in contact drills without a gum shield.
- The IRFU recommend that you do not use blade style boots due to increased injury risk to other players.
- Raleri Sports Goggles are currently the only approved sports goggle. You will not be allowed to play if you are wearing any other goggle.
- Please arrive on-time for training and match days, as the player warm up is key to prevent injuries.
- Remember for training & matches, gum shield, a drink (preferable water, avoid sports drinks) and plan for the changeable weather.
- Parents / Guardians must remain by the pitch at all times during training and match day
- Please text back player if a player is unavailable.
- To be eligible for selection for match days and training after October 1st the player must have paid their membership fee. Registration will take place on September 10th or you can pay the membership fees online.
- Important team information is sent by SMS/Text. To be included on this list please speak to a coach or send an email to U9.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
- No dogs are allowed at any of our pitches or training grounds.
U-9's Fixtures 2016/2017.
|Sat 25th Feb||Training||Grammar School||10:15-11:00 (not earlier finish)||Remember gum shield! No gum shield no training!Parents Please Note: We will do training and a blitz in the same weekend. Due to the cancellation last week its a few weeks since training, it will however be a shorter session, thanks for your support.|
|Sun 26th Feb||Away Blitz v Ashbourne & N.Meath||Ashbourne RFC||Kick-offf 11:00, arrive by 10:30||Blitz details tbc. Remember gum shield! No gum shield no blitz! Please confirm availability via text to Andrew Dobson (0860487395) and / or Teamer.|
|Sat 04th Mar||Training||Grammar School||10:15-11:30||Remember gum shield! No gum shield no training!|
|Sat 11th Mar||Training - TBC||Grammar School||10:15-11:30||Remember gum shield! No gum shield no training!|
|Sun 12th Mar||Away Blitz v Ratoath - TBC||Ratoath RFC||tbc||Blitz details tbc. Remember gum shield! No gum shield no blitz!|
|Sat 18th Mar||Training||Grammar School||10:15-11:30||Remember gum shield! No gum shield no training!|
|Sat 25th Mar||Training||Grammar School||10:15-11:30||Remember gum shield! No gum shield no training!|
|Sat 01st Apr||
Club Trip to Aviva - Leinster v Wasps
(Note we will not have training on Sat 01st April)
|Aviva (Depart Shamrock Lodge)||Match KO 15:15, depart Shamrock Lodge tbc||
Cost is €20 per person (includes ticket and bus to/from Aviva). Tickets must be requested and paid for in advance (no exceptions). Please Note: Each child must be accompanied by a parent.
Please contact Andrew Dobson if you would like to book tickets. Final collection of payment will be made on Sat 18th March. U9s will submit all payments on Thurs 23rd March to the club.