Welcome to the under 9's team for the 2016/17 season. To be eligible to play on this team players must be born in 2008. We usually train every Saturday morning in the Drogheda Grammar School in Mornington from 10:15am to 11:30am. There will be a series of matches and blitzes played throughout the season against other clubs in the North East region. Please Note that All rugby at this age is non-competitive, and the emphasis is on learning the skills required to play, having fun and inclusiveness.
The Under-9 Coaches can be reached by email at U9.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
Please Note the Following Requirements for players:
- Please make sure your child always has their gum shield, they cannot participate in contact drills without a gum shield.
- The IRFU recommend that you do not use blade style boots due to increased injury risk to other players.
- Raleri Sports Goggles are currently the only approved sports goggle. You will not be allowed to play if you are wearing any other goggle.
- Please arrive on-time for training and match days, as the player warm up is key to prevent injuries.
- Remember for training & matches, gum shield, a drink (preferable water, avoid sports drinks) and plan for the changeable weather.
- Parents / Guardians must remain by the pitch at all times during training and match day
- Please text back player if a player is unavailable.
- To be eligible for selection for match days and training after October 1st the player must have paid their membership fee. Registration will take place on September 10th or you can pay the membership fees online.
- Important team information is sent by SMS/Text. To be included on this list please speak to a coach or send an email to U9.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
- No dogs are allowed at any of our pitches or training grounds.
U-9's Fixtures 2016/2017.
|Sat 10th Dec||Training||Grammar School||10:30-11:45||
Training and its close to Christmas so why not wear a Santa Hat! After the blitz we are all encouraged to avail of the Boyne RFC Christmas Fare which will take place in the Grammar School gym. Remember gum shield! No gum shield no match!
Please Note: If you would like to bake something for the Christmas Fare café which will be run by the U9 Coaches that would be great. Also if anyone can support with the café or as a car park attendant please contactAndrew Dobson (0860487395).
|Club Event: The Boyne RFC Christmas Market will take place at The Grammar School on Sat 10th December, 12pm to 5pm. The Boyne U9 parents are request to support the running of the cafe' (tea, coffee and homemade baking treats!). Volunteers are kindly requested to contact John O'Driscoll or Andrew Dobson.|
|Sat 17th Dec||Santa Training||Grammar School or Boyne RFC Shamrock Lodge||tbc||Final Training before Christmas, details to follow.|
|Sat 17th Dec||Aviva Trip: Leinster v Northampton Sants||Aviva Stadium||Kick-off 19:45, bus will depart from Boyne RFC||This is a club trip to the Aviva for the Leinster game, cost is Euro 20 per person which must be paid in advance of the event (bu 01st Dec). Fee includes ticket and return bus to the Aviva. Parents need to confirm attendance to Andrew Dobson. We require 1-2-1 Parent (Guardian) to Player supervision (Siblings & Parents can join). Timings to follow.|
|Sat 24th Dec 2016 to Sun 01st Jan 2017 Christmas Break (No Training / No Blitz Events). Have a very safe and Merry Christmas form all the Boyne U9s Coaching Staff.|
|Sat 07th Jan 2017||Training||Grammar School||10:15-11:30||Remember gum shield! No gum shield no training!|