Welcome to the under 9's team for the 2014/15 season, to be eligible to play on this team players must be born in 2006. With all the Boyne mini's we train every Saturday morning in the Drogheda Grammar School in Mornington from 10:00 to 11:30. There will be a series of matches and blitzes played throughout the season against other clubs in the North East region. Please Note that All rugby at this age is non-competitive, and the emphasis is on learning the skills required to play, having fun and inclusiveness.
The Under-9 Coaches can be reached by email at U9.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
Please Note the Following Requirements for players:
- Please make sure your child always has their gum shield, they cannot participate in contact drills without a gum shield.
- The IRFU recommend that you do not use blade style boots due to increased injury risk to other players.
- Sports Glasses are not currently permitted - they are under IRB trial at present to assess safety.
- Please arrive on-time for training and match days, as the player warm up is key to prevent injuries.
- Please text back player if a player is unavailable.
- To be eligible for selection for match days and training after October 1st the player must have paid their membership fee. Registration will take place on September 27th or you can pay the membership fees online.
- Important team information is sent by SMS/Text. To be included on this list please speak to a coach or send an email to U9.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
U-9 Fixtures 2014-15.
|Sat 28th Feb||Training||Grammar School||10:00 - 11:30|
|Sun 1st Mar||Blitz v Dundalk||Shamrock Lodge||10:30|
|Sat 7th Mar||Training||Grammar School||10:00 - 11:30|
|Sat 14th Mar||Training||Grammar School||10:00 - 11:30|
|Sun 15th Mar||Blitz v Navan & Sutton||Navan RFC||TBC|
|Sat 21st Mar||Training||Grammar School||10:00 - 11:30|
|Sat 28th Mar||Training||Grammar School||10:00 - 11:30|
|Sun 29th Mar||Blitz v Balbriggan||Shamrock Lodge||TBC|
|Sat 11th Apr||Training||Grammar School||10:00 - 11:30|
|Sat 18th Apr||Armagh Festival of Rugby||Armagh RFC||TBC|