Welcome to the under 9's team for the 2017/18 season. To be eligible to play on this team players must be born in 2009. We usually train every Saturday morning in the Drogheda Grammar School in Mornington from 10:00am to 11:30am. There will be a series of matches and blitzes played throughout the season against other clubs in the North East region. Please Note that All rugby at this age is non-competitive, and the emphasis is on learning the skills required to play, having fun and inclusiveness.
The Under-9 Coaches can be reached by email at U9.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
Please Note the Following Requirements for players:
- Please make sure your child always has their gum shield, they cannot participate in contact drills without a gum shield.
- The IRFU recommend that you do not use blade style boots due to increased injury risk to other players.
- Raleri Sports Goggles are currently the only approved sports goggle. You will not be allowed to play if you are wearing any other goggle.
- Please arrive on-time for training and match days, as the player warm up is key to prevent injuries.
- Remember for training & matches, gum shield, a drink (preferable water, avoid sports drinks) and plan for the changeable weather.
- Parents / Guardians must remain by the pitch at all times during training and match days.
- Please text back player if a player is unavailable.
- To be eligible for selection for match days and training after October 1st the player must have paid their membership fee. Registration will take place on September 22nd or you can pay the membership fees online.
- Important team information is sent by SMS/Text. To be included on this list please speak to a coach or send an email to U9.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
- No dogs are allowed at any of our pitches or training grounds.
Important Notice January 16th, 2018:
Training is on Saturday 20th at DGS 1015-1130.
We have a team app that we have created for the team. I will continue to update this webpage but I would encourage all parents to sign up at https://2009s.teamapp.com/ when submitting application don't forget to detail who you are so that we know that the person has the correct site.
Registration. All players will need to be registered. You can purchase membership online at https://www.boynerfc.ie/catalog/274
U-9's Fixtures 2017/2018.
Saturday 13th Jan 2018
|Training, remember gum shield, water and kit for changeable weather||Drogheda Grammar School (DGS)||1015-1130|
Saturday 27th Jan
Sunday 28th Jan (TBC)
|Match AWAY@ Skerries||Skerries RFC||TBC|