Welcome to the under 9's team for the 2016/17 season. To be eligible to play on this team players must be born in 2008. We usually train every Saturday morning in the Drogheda Grammar School in Mornington from 10:15am to 11:30am. There will be a series of matches and blitzes played throughout the season against other clubs in the North East region. Please Note that All rugby at this age is non-competitive, and the emphasis is on learning the skills required to play, having fun and inclusiveness.
The Under-9 Coaches can be reached by email at U9.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
Please Note the Following Requirements for players:
- Please make sure your child always has their gum shield, they cannot participate in contact drills without a gum shield.
- The IRFU recommend that you do not use blade style boots due to increased injury risk to other players.
- Raleri Sports Goggles are currently the only approved sports goggle. You will not be allowed to play if you are wearing any other goggle.
- Please arrive on-time for training and match days, as the player warm up is key to prevent injuries.
- Remember for training & matches, gum shield, a drink (preferable water, avoid sports drinks) and plan for the changeable weather.
- Parents / Guardians must remain by the pitch at all times during training and match day
- Please text back player if a player is unavailable.
- To be eligible for selection for match days and training after October 1st the player must have paid their membership fee. Registration will take place on September 10th or you can pay the membership fees online.
- Important team information is sent by SMS/Text. To be included on this list please speak to a coach or send an email to U9.Coach@BoyneRFC.ie
- No dogs are allowed at any of our pitches or training grounds.
U-9's Fixtures 2016/2017.
|Sat 01st Apr||
Club Trip to Aviva - Leinster v Wasps
(Note: There will be No Training on Sat 01st April)
|Aviva (Depart Shamrock Lodge)||Match KO 15:15, depart Shamrock Lodge 13:00||
Tickets purchase now closed. Tickets will be issued on Sat 01st April @ Boyne RFC prior to departure @ 13:00, please arrive by 12:30 to collect tickets. Children must be accompanied by a parent throughout the trip. Please contact Andrew Dobson (0860487395) if you have any questions.
|Sat 08th Apr||Training & half-time minis||Boyne RFC / Shamrock Lodge||14:20-15:30||We have been asked to support Boyne Senior Team in the last home game of the season, by forming a guard of honour and doing a half-time minis match. Remember gum shield! No gum shield no training!|
|Sun 09th Apr||Away blitz v Balbriggan||Balbriggan RFC||tbc||Away blitz. Please confirm availability via text to Andrew Dobson (0860487395) and / or Teamer. Remember gum shield! No gum shield no blitz!|
|Sat 15th Apr||No Training||n/a||n/a||Easter Break - No Training|
|Sat 22nd Apr||Training (@ Boyne RFC Pitch #2, adjacent to carpark)||Boyne RFC / Shamrock Lodge||10:15-11:30||Remember gum shield! No gum shield no training! (Note: The Grammar School is currently not available as this is Easter week)|
|Sun 23rd Apr||Home Blitz v Ashbourne - TBC (Original fixture Sun 30th April)||Boyne RFC / Shamrock Lodge||TBC||Blitz details tbc, however this is a home blitz and we will need to do a psot-match tea. As always your continued support is most appreciated. Remember gum shield! No gum shield no blitz!|
|Sat 29th Apr||Minis Funday||Boyne RFC / Shamrock Lodge||TBC||Final event of the season. Funday at Boyne RFC. Details TBC|
|End of 2016/17 Season - See you in late August for the start of the 2017/18 Season|
|2017 Bank of Ireland - Leinster Rugby Camps, 07th-11th August @ Shamrock Lodge (see link)|